Harry and Ellen

Harry and Ellen
ARRIVAL IN ALASKA

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 7 & 8 Denali N.P.


                                                       On the mountain overlooking Denali

These were mainly rest days. Tuesday Ellen went for a hike with a ranger for 2 hours. I wanted to go but she said I had to do the RV dumping, water filling and the laundry. I wonder if General Patton was as difficult a commander as General Doorman! We then went up to the last ranger station that private vehicles are allowed (about 12 miles into the park) and with the nice fresh water I got, Ellen took a shower amongst the Moose and bears.
Today we went to the Muire Science Center in the park. There was not much to see but I did have to hike almost 100 meters (110 yards) to get there. We ran into a 36 year old Dutchman from Zwolle. He is riding his bike from Denali to Tiera del Fuego in Argentina (only 25000 km or 15000 miles) Man those Dutchmen are friggin' nuts! Of course he is the same age as Michelle and Kenny. I guess parenting takes as much out of you as a bike trip of 15,000 miles so M&K dont feel too bad.

Oma is missing Ty and Jo so if my beloved children read this send a video please.
Leaving Denali tomorrow heading towards Wasilla and Anchorage.

That's all folks

2 comments:

  1. When I mentioned the two hour hike to Dad / Harry he almost passed out and he offered to do the dumping and fresh water. So do not feel bad for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my guess too even before reading your post.

    ReplyDelete