Harry and Ellen

Harry and Ellen
ARRIVAL IN ALASKA

Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17 Homer Alaska 40TH ANNIVERSARY & VAL'S BIRTHDAY

Obviously you who are following my blog realize I didn't write anything about yesterday. I fell asleep so here is June 16th. We visited an old Russian church and talked to the old Russian priest. He was very verbose and we learned a lot. After that we drove to the Kenai cultural center and saw some Kenian artifacts and a video on the life cycles of the moose. I know you're saying "boring" but I've gotten a real interest in the wildlife of Alaska. They have a Challenger learning center here. We thought that that would be interesting to see but there was no one there and it could have been missed on our tour agenda.

We went back to the RV for a nap. In the evening we had dinner with Diane,  Dennis, Brian, Tanya, Abigail and Isaac. The dinner was brisket and delicious. Dennis lit a fire in the fire pit. Alaskans when they make a fire nearly burn the house and forest down. This was a heck of a fire!

June 17 and my lovely bride and I are married 40 years and she deserves a medal. I know you will find this hard to believe but I am not the easiest person to live with! Today we headed to Homer Alaska the Halibut capital of the world. On the way we stopped at the western most road in North America. Big deal! We got to Homer and drove out to see Homer Spit. No no no Homer doesn't actually spit but it's called that because .... Well to be honest I have no idea. We camped in Homer with Diane and Dennis. Boy these poor people are probably pretty sick of Ellen. Nobody can be sick of me it's not possible.
That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment