Harry and Ellen

Harry and Ellen
ARRIVAL IN ALASKA

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 13 Tacoma Washington U.S.A.

Made it to the good ol' USA.    Crossed the border with little trouble.  Ellen said before we got to the border that if he makes me take off my sunglasses I'm going to tell him I have a medical condition and must wear them.  And 10 minutes later the immigration officer said, "Ellen please take off your sunglasses" and ellen reacted exactly...................opposite of what she threatened and immediately complied.  All talk and no action.
We drove down I-5 to Everett where we stopped to tour the Boeing plant.  We did this 20 years ago and it was interesting then and was interesting now.  Watching them put a 747 together is fascinating. Only 3,000,000 parts and a tube of airplane glue.
Moved down to Tacoma where we stopped at a Washington  park that's called Salt Lake state park.  Tomorrow it's on to the coast of Oregon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment